Skip to main content

I'm a Texan now! And a Cross Stitch WIP Parade

 Early December, three girlfriends and I and my two puppies headed East to my new home in Texas.  It was an adventure for sure considering my dogs never took more than a ride to the vets office and once we got here I had them go with us everywhere--to restaurants and walking in touristy towns.  They did considerable well I'm happy to say.  


Deo, the dogs and I in one car
Rita and her friend Melissa drove the U-haul.

Hurley liked to look out the window - and fell asleep.

Once the movers got here we unloaded everything and then we would unpack some boxes in the morning and then we'd go explore the area in the afternoon.



Here are some pictures of my house.


Guest Room ( all ready for friends)

Office/Guest Room

My room




This is where my dining room table will be.  

Right now I am waiting for the flooring people to get back to me with a date they will install this laminate floor into the front bedroom which will be my sewing room.  Once that is done that cabinet in the above picture along with a bunch of Ikea cabinets will go in and I will be unable to load the 100 boxes (at least - yes I have a problem) of fabric and quilting stuff.  I haven't hung a lot of pictures because I'm not sure where/ and how I will arrange furniture once it comes.  I've ordered a loveseat and two recliners but I won't get those until April or May.  My barstools should be coming soon and I have to order the table and chairs.  I need a hutch of some type too for the 12 or so boxes of crystal and china.  I do love my pottery rack though.  I'm in no hurry except to get my quilting room assembled.  But I am at the mercy of the flooring company.

We are settling in and I love being so close to my sister Brenda.  Now if only we can get the rest of the family here.  My brother's son just got a job at Texas A&M so maybe that will help convince Brian and Marcy to move here.  They were just here too getting Drew settled and I think they really liked it here.  

At the Salt Lick in Driftwood, Texas

So since it's the first of the year I want to mark the Cross Stitch WIP's I have at the start of this year.











I also had a New Year, New Start this morning already.  It was a kit from somewhere.  If you need to know where let me know.

As far as quilting - well, I haven't been near my machine in over 3 months.  Everything was packed pre-move for two months and still packed now since I don't have my quilt room set up.  But once it's ready, I have plans.  

If you have made it this far, thank you for reading.  And thank you for looking.

Barb



Comments

  1. Welcome to Texas! It sure helps when you friends along for the trip. Have a blessed
    New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new house!! Glad you are happy there. Thanks for keeping us updated with your blog. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a collection of cross stitch projects.
    2022 is off to a great start for you.
    New home. Fresh start!
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that ur move to Texas went smooth. Good luck on your new adventure your house looks wonderful.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.