Skip to main content

One finish and some almost finished....

 So the move is starting to take shape.  I have packers coming in early October who will pack, then the movers come after that and then they will store my stuff until I know when my house is ready.  So finishing things just isn't in the picture  I have so much to do to prepare for the packers since I'm not taking a lot of my stuff.  But you are here to look at what I have done since August.



I had this fabric and pattern from a magazine for many, many years.  I don't remember when but I think it was in the early 2000 that I have been saving this.  It's in a box - ready to be pinned and quilted one day.


Here's a little runner I finished for my quilt guilds annual boutique.  I am unable to make much this year - I usually spend the month of September making stuff but this year....The embroidery designs are from Urban Threads - their Gilded collection.  They are beautifully done.  I ordered all the rayons and metallics for them because I wanted them to be exactly like the pictures.  I embroidered some cardinals for me but didn't have time to finish this year.


I finished the Fat Quarter Shops Boos and Bats quilt top and cross stitch.  It was a free mystery they did. 




Neither of them fully finished.  In a box - ready to be quilted and or framed.

I did fully finish my Christmas Farmhouse and my Scary Apothacary pieces.



My father-in-law and I and my husband's aunt went to Utah a few weekends ago to bury Jeff's ashes in a park under a tree.  We found a beautiful spot that my step-daughter and family go to a lot and we found a sappling and planted his ashes under that.  




It started to rain right after we buried the ashes and the shovel broke right before we got it deep enough.  We figured it was Jeff's way of saying that was enough, now go enjoy your life.    (Aren't my grandchildren adorable.  I got to see them each play a sport - the girl plays softball and the boy plays LaCrosse.)

I had a friend come over last weekend to help me go through my clothes and fabric and to make me get rid of stuff.  Here's the pile of clothes that I'm getting rid of.

My closet is half empty now.  But it feels good.  


Here' the pile of fabrics.  It was added to after this a bit and I also went through threads and other stuff.  This I will try and sell at our next guild meeting --just happens to be the meeting where we can rent a table to sell stuff.  


I also participated in my first Zoom cross stitch retreat last weekend.  It was called Friendstitch.  It was fun.  This was part of one of the projects included in the box.  I wanted something easy to work on during the meeting so I chose this.  It's sewn on burlap with one strand of a thicker thread.  (I had to do a lot of unstitching or frogging already on this or I would have been a lot further.)

So now on to the move.  I may not be able to post until that happens.  We shall see.  I know I won't be able to get my sewing room set up first as I want to get rid of the carpet and add a laminate flooring to match the kitchen.   The way construction is now, you can't make these kinds of changes during the construction - they are as is.  

Thanks for looking.  Maybe next time I write here I will be an official Texan.  So excited.


Comments


  1. Love your kit quilt from the millennium. Your cardinal is GORGEOUS! Amazing job!
    I hope the move goes well and painlessly as possible. Take the time you need to settle in. We will still be here when you are ready. Take care, quilting sister. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone with little time, you manage to get a lot done!
    Leave out some hand projects to keep you sane while you're waiting for your new home!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.