Skip to main content

A Green and White Finish

 

A Bonnie Hunter quilt minus the fussy sashing and border

I started this quilt at the Seven Sisters Quilt Show class I took with Bonnie Hunter over two years ago.  It was sitting in a plastic box until a few months ago when I thought I better tackle it and get it over before I forget how to do it.  It had so many parts and those big triangles are my worst blocks ever to make and the sashing required teeny tiny blocks just like that and I thought there is no way I'll ever do those - so I simplified and just added a plain white sashing with green cornerstones.  I still love it.  I will use the strips on another project so no fabric was wasted.   

I'm currently working on another quilt that I had kitted up for years.  It uses French General fabric and the pattern is from the November/December 2009 McCalls Quilting magazine.  I love the colors and can't wait for it to be finished.  It called for 544 half square triangles which I used the paper method and they are done and sewn in pairs - and am currently sewing the pairs into four patches. And from there --I'm not sure.  I haven't looked any further.  Just get one part done at a time.  



This little piece won me a $50 Hobby Lobby gift card.  Our guild had a house challenge and I whipped this baby up after I remembered about the little frame.  I won for Most Traditional.  I used the the pattern from the House that Kaffe built but I used the miniature version on the McCalls website.  It's paper pieced.


My sweet niece graduated from high school and is off to college.  I made her this quilt.  Everything but the back was from my stash.  I just put 5" squares together and quilted feathers all over randomly and bound it  She loves it.  She picked the vintagey colors.

I have been cross stitching too.  Here are a couple fully finished pieces.



I have a lot more finished pieces but they aren't framed or finished yet.  

I had a few friends over to sew last Saturday and one brought me these lovely flowers all grown from her garden.  She also included some tomatoes, zucchini and basil.


For my life update, I have most of Jeff's financial items in order.  Still working on the DMV - getting all the trailers and vehicles put in my name so I can sell.  I'm in the research time for movers which is pretty scary - all bad reviews - and getting this house ready to be put on the market. I'd be lost without my father-in-law.  91 years old and working like a dog.  I can't get him to slow down.  He's been such a great help. 

Here's a picture of my new house.  It's coming along great. It's nice that my sister and family live near by to keep an eye on it and to keep me updated  



If you made it this far, thank for looking.





Comments

  1. Happy to have some news from you. One piece at a time and you will walk out of those woods. Don't look down. 😁 Your green and white quilt is just lovely. Wow! That's the kind of quilts I love to piece. Do you know the name of this pattern? Do you think it's available on her website? Love your needlework. Take care. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you! and great that things are moving along.

    I like what you did to Emerald City. You actually see the blocks. the house quilt is darling - deserving of any prize.
    when I first looked at the photo of one of the cross stitches, I thought is was a person in a bathtub. You need something for your new bath. Then I looked closer. Oh well.

    November and Texas will be here before you know it.
    Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.