Skip to main content

Finally some quilt finishes

I finally finished the Orca Bay quilt.  I started this quilt probably 5 years ago.  I didn't work on it until 2020 though so it was just sitting collecting dust.  But now it is fully finished.  yeah!


As with many Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville) quilts, it has many, many little pieces.  

A few years ago I won some of our guild block of the month blocks.  My sister's mother-in-law moved into an assisted living facility and had to give up a lot of her fabrics which my sister shared with me.  She had this lovely Christmas fabric that worked great with these blocks.  And she had some floral fabrics that I was able to use for the back.  I will donate to the guild's boutique.


Her mother in law also had some baby quilt kits - the fish one she already had pieced and pinned.  The pink one was a kit she had so I quickly put it together and did some basic quilting.




I was also asked by my son-in-law to make a family sized Disney quilt with Minky on the back.  I couldn't say no.  I customized it with a lot of machine embroidery squares.







I'm currently working (slowly) on another Bonnie Hunter quilt.  Straights of Mackinac.  I'm doing mine all hunter green and white.  I started this in one of her classes I took at the 7 sisters quilt show in 2019.   That's the only quilting I've been working on.  

But cross stitch - well, since the last time I posted I have been working on the following.  



Block 7 of Farmhouse Christmas

Started Sweetheart Hill from Plum Street Samplers

Words Alone by Long Dog Sampler

X & O's valentine from Love Notes by With Thy Needle & Threads

Christmas Calendar by Tiny Modernist

Started Newcastle Bouquet by Teresa Kigut

Finished all 9 pieces of Scary Apothecary by Hands On Design

Merry Old Soul by With Thy Needle & Thread

Woof by Hands On Design

Another from Love Notes by With Thy Needle and Thread


I'm still using the Tiny Decisions App to help me choose what cross stitch to work on each week.  

And for Valentine's day by not very romantic husband actually bought me roses.  


And with that I will sign off.  Thank you so much for looking.  




Comments

  1. Barb... when my patients tell me they quilt, I often brag about my sister and show them your blog. I can’t wait to see their faces when I show them that Orca quilt! It is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!! You've been making progress. Always nice to see what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.