Skip to main content

Six Pillows Completed

 Last year I made some children's reading pillows for my sister-in-law's sister in law.  She consigned me this year to make some pillows (not reading pillows) for her 4 sisters and a sister-like friend.  She helped me pick the embroidery designs based on their likes.  Here are the finished pillows.






Then I finished the Spring Fling Cross stitch and decided to make it into a pillow too.  Luckily I was able to make all these using my lovely stash of fabrics.  


The cross stitch pattern is called Spring Fling by With Thy Needle and Thread.  I'm thinking of adding a bow or some buttons on the white strip.  I'll have to wait to go to the store though since I don't have the right shade of pink for a bow.  

I also finished this little bag.  

I started this piece when we were at Sisters a couple years ago.  I worked on it a couple times at Kathy's on Thursday nights.  I decided a couple weeks ago to use the Tiny Decision app and am letting it choose my next project to work on each Sunday.  I will work on the handwork piece for one week and then choose again.  Luckily this was the first one it chose and all I really had to do was paint the fabric and add the beads.  And of course finish it.  I am not good with the ric rac.  But it will do for now.  

The app then chose Little Shamrocks by Pineberry Lane for this week so I started one of the four in the pattern.  I hope to be able to finish at least 2 of them this week.  

On a personal note, we had a nice service for my dad on August 1st.  I think we honored him and he would have liked it.  I was surprised at how many people came.  And we had it live streamed and the church said 75 people watched it.  Because of Covid and health issues with other family members, a lot of people that normally would have come, couldn't like my dads only living sibling (of 11 kids).   Our family friend Lori spoke (she spoke at my mom's service too) and made us all cry.  Then my oldest nephew Kurt represented all the grandkids and had a great and funny talk about all the tales and jokes my dad did with them.  He was a great grandpa for sure.  They all have such wonderful memories of him.  We left the house with all the stuff we wanted and will now have an estate sale to get rid of the rest of furniture.  They (estate sale companies) take a pretty good cut of the sales but they take everything out when they leave.  Then we will put the house on the market.  We hope it will sell quickly and it should.  It needs to be updated a bit, but other than than, it's in great shape.  

My brother is the executor and we had to hire an attorney to help us with all the paperwork and legal stuff and now we have to hire an accountant to do my dad's personal taxes for this year and the trust account taxes.  Even with a will and a trust, there is so much to do.  

My health is fine.  I'm on a new diabetic medicine.  Just started so don't know how it will affect me if at all.  I just have to remember to drink a lot apparently.  I go back to see dr in 6 weeks again.  Ugh!

Teleworking on Mondays still and going in to the prison Tuesday thru Friday.  Just when the cases of covid is spiking, they want us there more.  Go figure.  That's the state for you. But I'm thankful for my job.  

Well, thanks for looking.  
 






Comments

  1. The pillows turned out amazing. I know they will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! for the pillows. Your quilting really sets off the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.