Skip to main content

Fall Frolic is Finished

It's been a while since I have posted.  Sorry about that.  Life does seem to get in the way of doing things that need to be done. 

I did have a quilt finish.  I finally finished the Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville) 2019/2020 Mystery quilt.  I didn't do a lot of fancy quilting.  It was so busy that it wouldn't have shown anyway and I'm getting to the point that getting it done is better than letting it sit there.  I did do some fall leaf design in the border though. 



It turned out less mottled than I thought it would be since there wasn't a whole lot of value change in the red and orange, but I like it still.  It will make a great bed quilt in the fall which is exactly what I wanted. 

My younger sister has consigned me to make a quilt for a friend's daughter for her high school graduation.  It took a while to get the fabrics I needed and now I have 108 6.5" HST with a creamy yellow background and some beach color solid fabrics.  These are the times I really wish I had a design wall as the SuperNova pattern (a freebie) really needs to be designed before sewing the HST's together. 

I just haven't been inspired to quilt these days.  I hope that mojo comes back.  I have also been consigned to make 4 pillows (not reading pillows - these are for adults - embroidered and quilted.)  I like the projects I'm working on, I just have been finding other things to do with my time. 

I participated this year in the cross stitch Stitch Maynia - which is you chose as many new projects you want to start in May.   I decided to start working on my Christmas ornaments.  I gave myself three days for each ornament and I got all but one done (it's a 1 over 1 situation).  I also am making two pin cushions for friends and they took a little longer than three days but I figured they would.  I'd show you pictures, but my siblings and friends might read my blog. 

However I did finally finish stitching this 4th of July piece.  It's called Liberty Lane by Country Cottage Needleworks.  Not sure how I want to fully finish it.  I have several frames I might paint if it fits.  We'll see. 


I'm currently working on my Spring cross stitch.  I think I'll work on it until it's done instead of working on several at a time.  I need to focus. 

As for work, I'm still teleworking 3 days a week and going to the prison 2 days a week.  I still love my job and I really like the people I work with.  Yesterday I finally had a hair appointment and a dentist appointment and in between those two appointments, I got to visit with my old boss Greg.  It was great to see him and he also warned me not to go to the mall--it would only break my heart how bad it looks.  Apparently the fountain is green, weeds everywhere and the grass is dying.  I know some of the problem is the Covid but I have a feeling a lot of it has to do with the management and the ownership.  So glad I am not working there anymore.  Another sure sign that God was really looking out for me when I thought it was a bad thing or punishment.  ALWAYS TRUST GOD TO DO WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU!!!

Thanks for looking!  Stay safe out there.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on finishing the mystery. When Fall arrives, you're ready.
    Keep stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.