Skip to main content

It's been a while

I just about fainted when I saw my last post date.  It's been a rocky road around here.  First I was going to get a divorce and move out but now I'm not getting a divorce and I'm staying.  I'm still unpacking boxes.  Long story - 25 years was too long a time to be married without a fight and we both realized we still loved each other so we are working on it.  So far so good.  I have my moments but I try to talk them out and work them out.  We are talking a lot and laughing together and doing things we haven't done in almost 10 years.  It's like we're dating again.  Fun.  But on to stitchy news. 

Quilting

I haven't been doing a lot of sewing.  Last July before my dad fell and all that drama I stayed with him for 2 weeks and after he went to bed each night I cut kits out.  This was one of the Fig Tree Little Box of Figs projects. 

I did get almost done with the final Bonnie Hunter mystery clues.  And I started a Swoon quilt - another one I had cut out last year but haven't pieced it together.  I remembered I made some cutting errors and have to piece some of the squares so I put it off but really want to get it done soon.  So far one 3 completed blocks and 3 with most of the pieces together.  (total 16 blocks though).

I also made 4 reading pillows for my sister-in-laws sister-in-law.


She paid me for the 3 kids covers but she is a bee keeper and I couldn't resist making one for her in exchange for some honey.  I thought it was a great deal.


Cross Stitching

My newest obsession.  I have completely finished a few items. 




And finished stitching but not finished yet...





So that's my life.  I am spending more time with the husband which makes less time for the stitching. 

Work is great.  They made me a permanent employee after 4 months and I am now the office tech for the Academic Vice Principal of Special Programs.  We make sure that reasonable accommodations are being met for any ADA inmates at the prison.  It's so different than what I did before, I like the people I work with and the prison has actually become my gym.  I walk everywhere.  Along with my new diabetic diet and all the walking I am down 24 lbs.  Feeling great.  Still more weight to lose but I will just keep walking.  Which isn't hard at the prison.  It's the biggest one in the state of California. 

Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. Wow, Barb, a lot is going on for you. I’ll pray that all continues to improve and you feel the strength of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mavis. It's been a roller coaster this past year. I was hoping this year would go a little smoother and it has in a lot of ways, but still so much change in my life this last year it's an adjustment.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! You are a whiz at cross stitching. Love the Santa with scissors! and the egg.
    Glad things are working out for you. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have noted that my mom stitched the egg. I'm just going to do the finishing. It's beautiful and she did some wonderful stitching too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.