Skip to main content

Consignment Quilt (or Duvet) is done!

 I was asked to make a wedding quilt for a lady I work with.  I was thinking this can't be so bad and will add a couple extra bucks in my pocket.  I'm going to quilt anyway, might as well right?  Well I'm glad I did it for her but it's something I really don't ever want to do again.  The stress of picking the right patterns, fabrics and then when it's done, will they like it? will they go like I can't believe I wasted my money on this.  Plus, she asked me to make a duvet cover instead of a quilt.  I have never made one before but I said sure.

 She did send me these paint chips so I at least had some direction to go with the color.  And I sent her a few quilt ideas and she chose this one.  This is the same pattern I made my youngest nephew for his graduation quilt.  The pattern is called Move Over which I bought through Connecting Threads years ago.

I don't mind doing little table runners or things for family/friends, but when it comes to big quilts like this, I don't think my heart can take it. 

I am happy to say that it is in the mail.  I will know in a couple weeks if my friend likes it and a week or so after that if her son and new daughter-in-law like it. 

I also have completed the Moda Blockheads 2 top and am currently quilting that.  I also started Piecing the Past Quilts Baskets Birds and Blooms quilt.  I still haven't finished the Delft Blue quilt from her yet.  But this one is pieced not applique. This is the 1st 3 blocks.
There are two bird blocks that I need to make this weekend  We'll see if I can get to them.  Guild is next week and I need to make my block of the months for that too. 

Oh and I also designed our guild's boutique postcard again this year.  We're trying to get these out early. 




Thanks for looking. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.