Skip to main content

Fat Quarter Shop 2018 Designer Mystery and my own Mystery





Remember two posts ago when I showed all those pinned, but unquilted quilts, well I finally finished the last one.  (Actually, finished it about 2 weeks ago—although it still doesn’t have a label.)  Anyway, this was the Fat Quarter Shop’s 2018 Designer Mystery quilt.  I quilted it heavily – but I like what I did.  Samplers are always interesting to quilt. 



And months ago, I finished my two guild mystery quilts.  As I was the creator and chair for the committee I felt like I had to make the quilt in both sizes. 


Here’s my small quilt.  I used all fabric from my stash.




And this is the big version.  I’d love to say it was all from my stash, but I had to order some coordinating fabrics to make it work. 
 The guild mystery was a success.  Here is a picture of all the quilts the members got done.
I’ve also been working on more boutique items.  Here are two more kids reading pillows. 



I also made an adult version.  My friend who is an avid reader requested it.  She will be getting this as a birthday gift.  As she is one of the few people who read my blog, I can’t show a picture.

I made an apron from some donated seer sucker fabric my friend Anna gave me and then I embroidered on a pre-made apron and then I stitched on the seams with a coordinated color thread to add a little more personality.  I made a ruffled towel to go with the seer sucker apron.

Should I embroider or applique something on the towel?
And then there is this table runner.  This is one of those self-mitered pieces.  No batting in it.  I think I will add some jingle bells in the corner or the sides for some fun and to make it lay better. 

Bells?  Yes or No

And this past weekend was National Dog Day – so I took a picture of my little girl.  I had all the doggie beds (3 of them) piled in the corner while I mopped floors.  Didn’t stop her.  She slept like that for over an hour. 


Thanks for looking.





Comments

  1. The pillows are darling as usual. The aprons cute. I'm sure the quilting on the Designer Mystery is wonderful. And your mystery - amazing!!

    Bells: yes. I vote for along the short sides.
    Embroidery on towel: I vote no. I love the dots as they are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.