Skip to main content

A few small finishes

Our guild is having a Christmas potluck and auction on December 1st and everyone is asked to donate a basket or something to donate.  I wanted to create a unique basket and thought of a Basket of Baskets.  Some fabric baskets made by a friend, a basket quilt pattern and fabric to make the quilt, and some candy and an ornament with a quilt basket on it.  I'll keep looking around for some other "baskety" things.  Here's a few of the things that I put together so far.  My friend Diane made some baskets but I don't have them yet.
Basket ornament

Fabric basket

Basket quilt pattern and enough fabric to make the top. 
 I'll take a picture of the basket of baskets before we give it away.

Until then I'm working on my own basket quilt and must get started on my homework for the Vintage Moments class.  And Christmas gifts.  Need to 1. figure out what I want to make and 2. make it.  Now that it's finally getting cooler and fall like I'm starting to get more into the spirit.   I did finish my latest Whisper Challenge quilt and shipped it off to Sara who is up north taking care of her son and his family while he goes through treatment.

Mom update:  She had a doctor's appointment this week and they said there has been no significant change in her numbers (cancer related) and they don't want to see her for another 2 months.  She's to continue doing what she's been doing. So very thankful for that.

Well thanks for looking, sorry no finished quilts.  I have a feeling it will be a while before I get any of those done.

Comments

  1. Love the "basket stuff". I posted a pic of the baskets on my blog:)
    Good news for your Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.