Skip to main content

Golden American Idol done and some



460 - 3" nine patches!  That's all it took to make this quilt.  That's a lot but I love this quilt.  Almost all the fabrics have metallic in it, hence the name Golden American Idol.  The pattern, Idol Results, is from the January-February 2013 Fon's & Porter magazine - the pattern designer is Mark Lipinski.  I started collecting these fabrics at the Houston International Quilt show six years ago.  It's just taken this long to get motivated to start it.  (I have a lot of those.)

Our local/regional quilt show Best of the Valley was this past weekend.  I won two ribbons!!!!  A second place for my Halo Medallion and an honorable mention on my Glamorous Twirly Balls quilt.  I entered my material girls challenge quilt but didn't get a ribbon on that.  I love reading the judges comments.  I see what they mean and will work on some of the things they suggest for next year. 

It was a nice show.  I didn't buy too much they had some nice vendors too. 

Thanks for looking!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your ribbons!! AND finishing Golden American Idol. We'll look for it in next year's show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt! Had a great day at the show!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.