Skip to main content

A Quilt Finish



The pattern is called Anita's Arrowhead from Anita Grossmon Solomon's Rotary Cutting Revolution book.  It's also part of her CraftsyBluePrint class.  I was going to make the quilt much bigger but decided this was the perfect size and used the rest of the squares for the back.  So it's like a double sided quilt.  I quilted it myself on my Bernina 750.  I used a light pink Superior Magnifico thread on top and of course a neutral Superior Bottom Line in the bobbin.  I love how it finished.  

I also finished some more cross stitch fabrics.  I still can't show about 5 of them because they are my homemade Christmas ornaments I will use this year for my siblings.  But here is what I finished.

Pattern by The Cricket Collection.  Made this into a pillow - but a decorative pillow - not to be 'used'.


Prairie Schooler 2019 Santa.  On a grapevine wreath
Hands On Design with Priscilla Blain pattern from Just Cross Stitch Magazine.


These cross stitch projects are finished using the inspiration from Priscilla Blain - here's her blog.  She's so good at this finishing thing--you can't help but be inspired to not only the cross stitching but to fully finish your projects instead of having them sit there in a box.  

Our guild boutique was last Saturday and again we had a stellar year.  We have a very talented group of ladies who donate so much for the guild.  I also sold 4 quilts on consignment so that makes me very happy and gives me a little extra spending money since I am still without a job.  However, I was offered and I accepted a job at the SATF prison - I'm in the process of all the background screening and testing so I don't have a start date yet, but it should be soon!  Yeah!  

My dad is getting 24/7 home health care and seems to be doing good.  I think he likes the idea of someone there all the time - he won't be lonely.  He still can't walk with the walker without assistance.  But according to the home health aids, he is doing the therapy and exercises on the days he doesn't have his official therapy and is getting better every day.  He lost 24 lbs during this whole ordeal and last week they weighed him and he had gained 8 lbs since he got home.  He is much happier and sleeping better since he's been home.  I knew he would.  He is a homebody and I knew he'd thrive better there.  

Thanks so much for looking.





Comments

  1. Nice to know your dad is getting stronger each day.
    Great finishes!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.