Skip to main content

A Quilt Finish or three and some cross stitch finishes.

 I'm back in a sewing room.  It's not quite done yet, but it's usable to sew.  The other stuff that needs to get done takes time (my nephew is installing shelves in my closets and I still have to paint them).  I will post pictures once that all gets done and everything is put in its place.

But I have three quilt finishes to show.  The first is a baby quilt I made for a co-worker (soon to be ex-coworker as my tenure with the company is almost done.)  


Memphis Jo Rose- she will be born sometime in 2022.  Her bedroom theme is rustic rainbow.  Used polyester batting for the fluffy look but also used Minkee Cuddle on the back.




This quilt is from the McCall's 2009 magazine and the pattern is called Celebrer!  It uses a lot of the heavier woven stripes from the French General Rouenneries collection which I will never use in a quilt again.  Too heavy - made the seams and machine quilting a little difficult.  I also used French General's Panier de Fleurs fabric.  I have had this kitted and stashed for quite a while.  

I also quilted Bats & Boos, the free quilt by Fat Quarter Shop but I didn't take a picture and I already have it stored in my Halloween box.  

And when I left the central valley and my friends threw me a great going away party, they also gave me the fall quilt.  My friend Anna K. who put the quilt together and quilted it had some left over 9 patches and gave them to me.  I made two little table toppers with them.



They will fit perfectly on my nightstand and will compliment the quilt when it's on the bed this fall

I also started this quilt.


There is a big old Santa face that will cover the bottom part.  I appliqued it on already and it's ready to be pinned and quilted.  

I'm also working on some teen quilts for the New Braunfel quilt guilds charity program.  They had a speaker from the local Child Advocacy Center come speak this month and I feel the need to make slightly bigger quilts for the teens that go there.  So I pulled out some 10" squares and am making a boyish quilt and a girly quilt to start with.  


Isn't she a beauty.  I went to take my 750 in the Bernina store in town and walked out with a brand new machine.  She's the Bernina 790 Plus.  She sews like a charm.  I made the baby quilt on her - the first one she's finished!  (I had over 30 million stitches on my 750.  I'm keeping her for a while too as a back up.)

I'm still going strong with my cross stitch.  I have still quite a few started - but I do have these finishes.


Finished and framed (myself) the Friends are the Flowers chart.  I love it and I hung it in my guest room where I'm hoping all my friends who come visit will stay.  




And for Valentine's Day I finished the Holiday Hoopla -Valentines and the Love Note pillows.  Both patterns from With They Needle and Thread.  



This is Christmas List or Santa's List by Silver Creek Sampler.  It's a little wonky but I didn't give myself enough of the fabric to finish it properly.  I started this on 9/28/21.  

I'm currently working on Holiday Hoopla - St. Patrick's Day and the O Lucky Day pillows, again, both by With They Needle and Thread, along with other starts and WIPS (works in progress) that I have on-going.

I also got my 10 needle embroider machine set up and wanted to test it out.  It survived the move.  It probably needs a good cleaning.  I checked with the local service people and to have him come to my house to service would be about 400-500 dollars.  Debbie and I watched a You Tube video on how to cleaning it and we did hers so I'm hoping when my friend Janice comes to visit at end of March, we can do that.  (It takes 2.)


I've also made two quilt labels already!

As for the new house I did get my kitchen table and chairs.  I bought the table and bench from a local artisan.  This is a pretty piece of Pecan wood.  




The bench is in the back but it looks so great with my pottery display. I bought four low chairs (didn't want to impede on my pottery display) from another furniture store.  I'm working on decorating the walls around the dining area.  Waiting for my sister Brenda to come back from her travels to help me.

Still waiting from other furniture (love seat, recliners, dresser, vanity, headboard and they are replacing my day bed as it is broken and the two they got to replace also came broken so I am getting a whole different brand.

I'm getting involved in my new church, Compass Bible Church Hill Country.  They encourage small Bible studies or they call Life Groups.  This does help to get to know people better.  As a matter of fact, I am meeting some of the ladies for lunch today.  I guess I shouldn't assume it's all ladies as the Bible study is for everyone.  

Still haven't connected to any quilters yet at guild but I haven't gotten involved yet either.  My fault.  Will work on that.  However the two ladies that work at the shop where I bought my machine from looked like they would be fun to hang out with.  

I appreciate you taking the time to look at my pictures and read my words.  

Barb


Comments

  1. So happy to hear from you again. Nice to know you are slowly getting settled in at your new place. Love the kitchen pictures. Gorgeous table and bench. Congrats on the many finishes. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful! Glad you are getting involved, you are so much fun to hang out with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hooo!! You're up and running in your new home. I can hardly wait to see it all in person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love to get them.